Meet Stephen P. Alicanti
Partner, DLA Piper
Stephen Alicanti focuses his practice on the representation of issuers and underwriters in a broad range of domestic and international capital markets transactions. These transactions include registered offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities. Stephen has extensive experience representing issuers, investment banks and investors in transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs. In addition, he regularly advises clients regarding SEC reporting and disclosure requirements and corporate governance matters. Stephen is also a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Hiring Committees.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Cowen and Company, LLC in the US$250 million initial public offering
of Concord Acquisition Corp II
- Coliseum Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company focused on consumer product,
service and media companies at the intersection of sports, entertainment, digital media and/or
technology, in its US$150 million initial public offering
- A leading global cannabis company in its US$8.2 billion business combination with Tilray, Inc., a global
pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, production and distribution
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated in the US$276 million initial public offering of Tastemaker
- Haymaker Acquisition Corp. II., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, in its US$2 billion
business combination with ARKO Holdings Ltd.
- A leading global cannabis company in its registered direct offering of C$100 million of units to an
Steve is a Certified Public Accountant. Before attending law school, he spent two years as an auditor with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. He has been named to the New York Metro Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers.
- Emory University School of Law (2012), J.D., with honors, Transactional Law Program
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Emory University (2012) M.B.A., Beta Gamma Sigma, Finance
- Villanova University (2006) B.S., cum laude, Accountancy