Meet Benjamin E. Reed
Associate (Atlanta), Eversheds Sutherland
Ben Reed advises clients in all aspects of complex commercial litigation in both state and federal court, representing clients nationwide in a variety of business law matters, including contract disputes, class actions, products liability, business torts, commercial property disputes, and regulatory compliance. Ben’s practice covers the lifecycle of a commercial dispute, including pre-suit negotiations, discovery, motion practice, trial, post-judgment enforcement, appeals and alternative dispute resolution.
During law school, Ben clerked for the Civil Division of the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, where he drafted Freedom of Information Act appellate briefs on behalf of the United States, assisted on depositions of federal agency representatives and assisted in litigation involving First Amendment and equal protection disputes.
- Represents a Big Four accounting firm in underfunded retirement plan lawsuits.
- Defended a foreign manufacturer and US distributor in a product liability class action.
- Represented a medical practice on appeal from $45 million verdict in a medical malpractice case.
- Represented the buyers of a logistics company in a matter involving breaches of representations and warranties in a contract to sell the business.
- Represented a national lending organization in a dispute involving federal and state consumer protection statutes.
- Represented a medical practice in a contractual dispute involving a medical testing vendor.
- Represented corporate landlords in disputes over commercial leases and in dispossessory proceedings against commercial tenants.
- Represented corporations in various garnishment and related employment matters.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts